Time duration for which active redolog becomes inactive

From: nilesh kumar <nileshkum_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 23:53:33 +0530

Hello Everyone,
Good Morning!!

Hope Everyone is doing gr8!!

I have a question in my mind regarding status of redologs.

What is the time duration for which the active redolog group becomes Inactive ?

I know about the logswitch which changes the status of the redolog group. If a group is Inactive performing the log switches it will change the status of inactive to current,then further to Active. And if you keep performing switches it will not chage the status to Inactive but it keep changing from current to active. What will be the time duration for which It stays Active and then becomes Inactive does it depends on any parameter in the DB or some thing else. Please advise.

Thanks
Khajwania