Re: Is there any way to push Standby database to delete archiveloges quicker (ARCHIVELOG DELETION POLICY in use)?

From: Edgar Chupit <>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 10:43:55 +0200

Hi Jurijs,

As soon as Oracle knows that archivelog is applied on standby, it marks the space used by archived log as reclaimable. Unfortunately, I also don't know how to make Oracle free reclaimable space more aggressively.
But what you can try to do is make a script that will run DELETE OBSOLETE from RMAN at specified periods, so that you are sure that all archived&applied logs are removed.

Best regards,
 Edgar Chupit