RE: Tx - row lock contention after implementing transaction management in application server

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:35:19 -0400

I don't think that's his problem. If it were unindexed FKs, the waits would be on TM enqueues, not TX enqueues.

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of LS Cheng Sent: Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:19 PM
To: dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com
Cc: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: Re: Tx - row lock contention after implementing transaction management in application server

Doesnt that sound like your FKs are not indexed?

--

LSC On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 8:41 PM, dd yakkali <dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com<mailto:dd.yakkali_at_gmail.com>> wrote: Hello everyone,

After our application folks implemented transaction management in the app, I am seeing a bunch of seesions waiting with "Tx - row lock contention" on an insert statement. we found that the parent table insert is not commited and hence the child record insert is hanging as both these statements are using different oracle sessions for some reason. This continues for eternity, until the app server is killled and restarted.

Sun Java Enterprise Server, hibernate, oracle 10.2.0.4 RAC.

Now here is the question: Our java app server folks are asking me to give them bind variable values of the statement that is hanging. We have a connection pool which is 132 connections size. Is there any way to get the bind variable values after the fact, i.e while it is waiting for the parent to commit?

Thanks
Deen

--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Tue May 26 2009 - 14:35:19 CDT