Re: Transparent Session Migration?

From: Yong Huang <>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 10:13:19 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks. Now it makes much more sense. I think this feature is very useful in this case:

(1) Connections have long duration, and
(2) There're lots of connections, or a few connections but they're all CPU or memory (but not I/O) intensive.

I would not make use of this feature to automatically shutdown or startup an instance when it detects significant load change. If I'm given say 4 nodes, why would I keep some down unless I want to do some maintenance work? I guess I can save a little on electricity bill, but I'd rather do it manually.

BTW, Martin mentioned v$tsm_sessions. It always has some data in it, even on non-RAC. This view is mentioned in the new view section of the Reference Guide but has no detailed description.

Yong Huang