Re: Oracle Book Mal-practice...

From: Robert Freeman <robertgfreeman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 23 May 2009 10:35:55 -0700 (PDT)

SOME Oracle Press books are just fine!! :-) I tend to think the RMAN and New Features titles are spectacular successes .... of course, I am a totally and completely neutral spectator with respect to those titles!!

I will say that the book I was referring too was on one of the lists of good publishers you mentioned below... :-)

:)

RF

 Robert G. Freeman
Oracle ACE
OCP: Oracle Database 11g Administrator Certified Professional Study Guide (Sybex) Oracle Database 11g New Features (Oracle Press) Portable DBA: Oracle (Oracle Press)
Oracle Database 10g New Features (Oracle Press) Oracle9i RMAN Backup and Recovery (Oracle Press) Oracle9i New Features (Oracle Press)
Other various titles out of print now... Blog: http://robertgfreeman.blogspot.com The LDS Church is looking for DBA's. You do have to be a Church member in good standing. A lot of kind people write me, concerned I may be breaking the law by saying you have to be a Church member. It's legal I promise! :-) http://pages.sssnet.com/messndal/church/parachurch.pdf

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com> To: ssibert_at_gmail.com
Cc: Oracle-L Freelists <oracle-l_at_freelists.org> Sent: Friday, May 22, 2009 9:07:16 PM
Subject: Re: Oracle Book Mal-practice...

On Fri, May 22, 2009 at 8:01 AM, Scott Sibert <ssibert_at_gmail.com> wrote:

Is this an Oracle Press book? I hope not -- I tend to trust them more.
--Scott

One of the worst pieces of Oracle information I've ever seen was in an Oracle Press book...

Addison Wesley and Sam's were two publishers to trust once upon a time, don't know if that still holds true, or if both are still in business.

O'Reilly is generally pretty good.

Apress books that I have seen have all been excellent.

Jared
--

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Sat May 23 2009 - 12:35:55 CDT

Original text of this message