RE: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

From: SHEEHAN, JEREMY <Jeremy.Sheehan_at_fpl.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 11:04:50 -0400

Set this in your glogin.sql and it will change whenever you go into a new database.

set sqlprompt "_user' _at_ '_connect_identifier > "

Jeremy
P Consider the environment. Please don't print this e-mail unless you really need to.

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Jared Still Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2009 10:49 AM
To: Thomas Day
Cc: Joel.Patterson_at_crowley.com; gmei_at_prospectiv.com; oracle-l_at_freelists.org Subject: Re: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 6:57 AM, Thomas Day <tomdaytwo_at_gmail.com<mailto:tomdaytwo_at_gmail.com>> wrote: ...

SET SQLprompt "&db_name..&user_name> "
It doesn't reset the sqlprompt when I go to a new database. What technique do you use?

As of 10.2.something I believe, login.sql is called automatically by sqlplus when new connections are made. Just tested on 10.2.0.4

When making a connection to a new database however, I always logout. Logging onto a database is handled by a shell script, so it's just a matter of 'olog <dbname>'

There's different ways to handle this, but I long ago got into the habit of exiting sqlplus and restarting it for new database connections.

Jared