Re: Fw: OT - Getting fired for database oops

From: Thomas Day <tomdaytwo_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:57:54 -0400

My Oracle client is 10.2.0.1.0. My glogin.sql contains

col user_name new_value user_name

col db_name new_value db_name

select upper(user) user_name,

substr(ltrim(rtrim(upper(global_name))),1,6) db_name

from global_name;

SET SQLprompt "&db_name..&user_name> "
It doesn't reset the sqlprompt when I go to a new database. What technique do you use?