Re: Remote Materialized View containing joins

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <>
Date: Thu, 21 May 2009 09:09:37 -0400

Hello Roger,

What does your explain plan show for the following query ;

SELECT s.rowid "sales_rid", t.rowid "times_rid", c.rowid "customers_rid",c.cust_id, c.cust_last_name, s.amount_sold, s.quantity_sold, s.time_id
FROM sales_at_remotedb s, times_at_remotedb t, customers_at_remotedb c WHERE s.cust_id = c.cust_id AND s.time_id = t.time_id; If your remote tables are comparatively much bigger than the local tables, you could choose the driving_site hint and let the remote site be the driving site of your query. As always, you need to check the explain plan difference.