Re: on call support when your system breaks constantly

From: Andrew Kerber <andrew.kerber_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 14:08:13 -0500

Sounds like He!! for DBA's. Never been there, but I have been to places that do let users run any queries in production that they want, they just couldnt do updates and deletes. That was bad enough. Start by trying to get uncontrolled data changes in production eliminated. Then go from there. I dont see how a company could run that allows anyone to update production data any time they wanted. Just auditing would be almost impossible. If the company is publicly held, it would never pass a SOX audit.

--
Andrew W. Kerber