Re: about sequence

From: Jack van Zanen <jack_at_vanzanen.com>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 16:24:29 +1000

Document your environment very carefully

Comment the table (in case developer/designer actually reads comments)

Also I would generally like to see a trigger that inserts the sequence number as required that way there is no need to remember.

Jack
2009/5/20 Mohammed Mehraj hussain <mhdmehraj_at_gmail.com>

> hi,
> I've a EMP table and it uses EMP_SEQ sequence to generate the EMPNO...
>
> I know the above information as i created the sequence ..
> But how come the other person knows that so and so sequence is used on
> this table EMP..
> So that the person knows the max value etc...

Jack van Zanen

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential material for the
sole use of the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient,
please be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this
e-mail or any attachment is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please contact the sender and delete all copies.
Thank you for your cooperation