RE: RAC dataguard - what happens when recovering instance goes down ?

From: Martin Brown <martinfbrown_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 13:34:33 -0400

It could as long as you do a startup mount. Or, have it scripted somewhere. Someone else may be able to help you regarding what the broker is capable of. I have not used it yet. Planning to with 11g upgrade.

Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:38:24 +0000
To: karlarao_at_gmail.com; mark.bobak_at_proquest.com; martinfbrown_at_hotmail.com Subject: Re: RAC dataguard - what happens when recovering instance goes down ? From: premj_at_rediffmail.com
CC: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Thanks Karl , Mark , Martin ... for your replies.

By any chance , can the surviving standby instance take over the job of recovering instance (when the recovering standby instance fails) ?

I did not come across such possibility anywhere on internet ...

Regards,
Prem

HotmailŪ goes with you.