Re: Oracle 10g hangs ...earlier running smoothly

From: Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 10:48:26 -0500 (CDT)

#3 is alarming to me. There should be regularly updated timestamps in there for things like log switches and backups at least -- there are no log switches in >1 month?

Also, you said you're not able to reboot, so you changed permissions while the instance was up? I'm not sure, but that strikes me as not being the recommended procedure.

Check your listener.log, if you have one. While I don't believe it will show bequeath connection issues, it may have pointers to related problems.

Are your available sessions maxed out? (init.ora/spfile parameter)

My kneejerk $.02,
Rich