RE: Remover CRS

From: William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 08:27:29 -0700

Greetings, and I found the Metalink note I was searching for, 239998.1. The same information as contained in the reference Thomas pointed at.

Thanks.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu
(530) 754-6208

From: Thomas Roach [mailto:troach_at_gmail.com] Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 4:36 PM
To: William Wagman
Cc: tony.adolph.dba_at_gmail.com; Oracle Discussion List Subject: Re: Remover CRS

I found this.

http://www.dbaexpert.com/blog/?p=110
On Mon, May 18, 2009 at 7:07 PM, William Wagman <wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu<mailto:wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>> wrote:

Greetings,

I can't find it at the moment but there are notes on Metalink taking you step-by-step through the removal of CRS on both Windows and unix.

Bill Wagman
Univ. of California at Davis
IET Campus Data Center
wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu<mailto:wjwagman_at_ucdavis.edu>
(530) 754-6208

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org> [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org<mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org>] On Behalf Of Tony Adolph Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 3:39 PM
To: Oracle Discussion List
Subject: Remover CRS

Hi Folks,

I've been playing at home attempting to setup a 2 node RAC with 10g R2 on Suse 10.1 (VMware)

I sort of got things going, but I have problems. Lots of things are working as they should be, so I'd like to go back to the simple stand-alone DB: drop the CRS and start again.

Any pointers? I'd rather not just re-create the VM guest (which is a possibility), but go through the steps required to remove CRS, bring up the DB and then start again.

Its just an exercise to get me back into the operations DBA realm (from development DBA (Infranet/BRM))

Regards
Tony

--
Thomas Roach