Is there any way to create a database link with sysdba privs?

From: Terrian, Thomas J Mr CTR DLA J6DIB <>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 10:11:21 -0400

I want to create a database link in database "A" that connects to a physical standby database "B" that is in recovery mode:

SQL> create database link B connect to yyy identified by zzz using 'B'; Database link created.

SQL> select sysdate from dual_at_B;
select sysdate from dual_at_B
ERROR at line 1:
ORA-02068: following severe error from B ORA-01033: ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress

The "B" database is in recovery mode. Is there any way to connect to it with sysdba from the "A" database using a database link?

If I sign on directly to "B" as sysdba it works fine so I know the command will work even though it is in recovery mode:

$> sqlplus /nolog

SQL*Plus: Release - Production on Mon May 18 07:08:40 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2007, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.

SQL> connect / as sysdba;
SQL> select sysdate from dual;