RE: RAC dataguard - what happens when recovering instance goes down ?

From: Bobak, Mark <Mark.Bobak_at_proquest.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 09:22:48 -0400

Well, I'm no Dataguard expert, but, seems to me, if stand by site goes down, primary would remain up and as soon as standby was restored, log shipping would begin playing catch up. Also, if you're in maximum protection mode, then at some point, you'd run out of space to queue up archivelogs to be shipped to standby, at which point primary would hang....

But, that's all based on what I read, and zero experience so take it for what it's worth....

-Mark

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Prem Khanna J Sent: Monday, May 18, 2009 8:59 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: RAC dataguard - what happens when recovering instance goes down ?

Friends,

we have 2 node 10gR2 RAC dataguard setup on AIX5.3L.

Just curiuous:
what happens when the recovering standby instance goes down ? Has anyone come across this situation ? RTFM-ed , Google-ed .. but still could not find the answer !

Regards,
Prem
[cid:~WRD000.jpg]<http://sigads.rediff.com/RealMedia/ads/click_nx.ads/www.rediffmail.com/signatureline.htm_at_Middle?>

~WRD000.jpg