Re: Oracle 10g hangs intermittently waiting for I/O

From: Mathias Magnusson <mathias.magnusson_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2009 08:04:01 +0200

Any chance you can talk the storage guys into letting you test with raid 1+0 just to see if it helps? It probably (as in if I/O is your problem, raid 5 isn't helping) will, but if you tell them that then they will feel their authority being questioned.

I'm sure Cary was looking for this as being the problem you're facing. It will be hard for your storage guys to see the problem as it is hiding in the whole raid 5 architecture. I just recently got a similar change implemented and the storage guys were more or less saying that the improvement must be due to something else.

Mathias