Re: Oracle 10g hangs intermittently waiting for I/O

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 14:50:04 -0400

Hi Pawel,

In no particular order, please check with your sysadmins/storage admins about the following :

  1. Queue depth of the LUNs / associated optimal settings for your storage.
  2. Any unsuccessful microcode/firmware upgrade on the FC fabric.
  3. Double check for any combination of any FC/non-FC drives OR any failure of drives/associated raid group rebuild errors.
  4. LUN level i/o statistics and any out of ordinary observations.