Re: ASM RAC Database from one RAC to another

From: Sanjay Mishra <smishra_97_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2009 07:44:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi

THought to share with everybody as what I assume earlier is correct and we can go from one cluster to another cluster with only small downtime. I am able to see the Diskgroup on both nodes. Ofcourse it is not mounted on Second RAC. I created few tem tables in First RAC, Then I stopped the Database on 1RAC and started on 2nd RAC and checked the Tables and then drop these tables and stop the Database on Second RAC. Then I started the Database on 1st RAC. So I can be able to move without any issue.

I did it earlier with non-RAC and was not sure if there is any issue with RAC enviroenment with the exception that you have to make sure that it is added in the OCR

Thank to all for all comments

Sanjay