Re: ASM RAC Database from one RAC to another

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 17:05:27 -0400

At the very least, the headers for the LUNs utilized by the "sanjay" database need to
be cleared up (either via drop diskgroup OR dd OR as a last resort - force option in
the create diskgroup while adding to the 2nd RAC environment) - basically anything
which clears up the header status of those LUNs/Diskgroups.

Once those diskgroups have been cleared up from the metadata of the "sanjay" database, it should be relatively less challenging.

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 1:59 PM, Sanjay Mishra <> wrote:
> Hi
> I want to have some insight from somebody who has done the following or has
> face such situation.

 3. Make the LUNS used by ASM for sanjay database on Second RAC environment.