RE: clone.pl

From: Matthew Zito <mzito_at_gridapp.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 11:42:36 -0400

Add node uses clone.pl under the covers. Clone.pl alone will only dupe the home elsewhere - you would need to register the services, etc. by hand. Better off just using add node.

Thanks,

Matt

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Sanjay Mishra Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 11:00 AM
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org
Subject: clone.pl

Can we use the clone.pl to add RAC node.

  1. Can it be used for both RDBMS( I tired few times) as well as CRS ( never tried).
  2. If it is possible, then what are the pros and cons of Add Node process Vs Clone process.
  3. If it is possible, How clone.pl will add the informaton in the OCR/Voting disk of new Nodes.

Working on moving the Datacenter and trying few options and looking for anybody having experience with clone scripts in RAC environment.

TIA Sanjay