Re: rman delete failed - did a force

From: Bradd Piontek <piontekdd_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:07:42 -0500

I'm a little confused. Isn't the CROSSCHECK command used exactly for what you are running in to? In other words: A RMAN backup was removed from the file system and the catalog doesn't know that. In this case, the crosscheck would mark the backup as EXPIRED as it is no longer on the filesystem and the 'delete obsolete' would ignore the records. Maybe I am missing something.
Bradd Piontek
  "Next to doing a good job yourself,
        the greatest joy is in having someone
        else do a first-class job under your