Re: Oracle installation on Local disk vs. SAN

From: Adam Musch <ahmusch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 14:49:58 -0500

I'd have thought the patching issues alone, especially in a multi-vendor environment, would be a sufficiently large technical hurdle. I consider it a best practice that each independent application, if not each independent database, requires it's own Oracle stack to eliminate operational friction as well as the technical risk regarding patching.

Adam