Re: OEL 5.2 Oracle 10g database and swap

From: John Smith <john40855_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 07:36:09 -0500

Well, in this case the error was unable to fork a process, which implies a memory problem. Then I found this blog:

http://dbakerber.wordpress.com/2008/04/18/swap-space-in-linux-and-unix/

Then I added swap space and I no longer had the problem. Might be specific to my hardware, might be another setting, but it sure looks like a problem with the swap setting to me.