RE: question on DBMS_SCHEDULER.

From: Paresh Patel <paresh.patel_at_mantis-tgi.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:39:31 -0700

What I meant here is, I want to know current DML statement processed by ORACLE server when ORACLE scheduler kicks off the job? So let say I have 10 DML statements in procedure(which is kicked off by ORACLE scheduler) , so far ORACLE server has processed first 4 statements and currently processing 5th one, is there any way I can find out ORACLE server is processing 5th one by looking at the data dictionary views?

Thanks,

Paresh Patel,

From: Jared Still [mailto:jkstill_at_gmail.com] Sent: Wednesday, May 13, 2009 3:25 PM
To: Paresh Patel
Cc: oracle-l
Subject: Re: question on DBMS_SCHEDULER.

On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 12:17 PM, Paresh Patel <paresh.patel_at_mantis-tgi.com> wrote:

I have one procedure which contains no of DML statements. We have used DBMS_SCHEDULER to kick off this procedure every night. This procedure gets stuck intermittently and we tried to find out the exact SQL statement which is getting stuck using data dictionary views but we couldn't as Oracle server doesn't provide SQL_ID/SQL_HASH_VALUE/SQL_ADDRESS or in v$SESSION. If anyone has any idea please do let me know.

Hmm, hit the space bar and gmail thought it was <SEND> ...

I will try again.

What does 'stuck' actually mean?

Error messages?

Is this a procedure you can modify?

If so, then instrument it to do logging, and you can easily see where it dies.

Jared Still