Re: Transparent Session Migration?

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 14:38:08 -0700 (PDT)

> has anyone ever seen any information about Transparent Session Migration?
> I even discovered this subject today starting with v$tsm_session and some
> digging led me to DBA_TSM_SOURCE, DBA_TSM_DESTINATION, DBA_TSM_HISTORY
> (based on TSM_SRC$ and TSM_DST$), ORA-412xx errors, TSMSYS and cattsm.sql
> and at the end http://www.freepatentsonline.com/y2006/0036617.html
> but all these did not give me a clue what Transparent Session Migration
> is or where to find any documentation about it. Or is it just a internal
> part of TAF?

This is the first time I heard of this concept (other than seeing TSMSYS user before). I found lock SE related to this (see v$lock_type). From v$enqueue_stat, I notice some sessions acquire this lock once in a while. Based event 10704 trace, I see that at least m000 and m001 MMON slaves sometimes get these locks. I doubt it's related to TAF. The lock is acquired on a single instance database. The concept as explained in the patent is very interesting though.

Yong Huang