RE: OEL 5.2 Oracle 10g database and swap

From: Mark W. Farnham <mwf_at_rsiz.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 16:22:02 -0400

I cannot understand why they do not tell you to subtract the amount of RAM you plan to use for SGA before you make those calculations.

Also, disk is cheap, so why would you ever want to have less than about 4 GB of swap (says the guy who used to cobble together a *lot* of .50 g and .75 gig disk drives to make under a dozen 7 GB databases that were called a VLDB.) (Could I please have 10 MB for each SGA sir? Please?)

Regards,

mwf