RE: Oracle Exadata Machine

From: Keith Moore <>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 11:36:57 -0500 (CDT)

Does the $600K figure include licensing? I saw a quote somewhere and don't remember the details but do remember that the Oracle database licensing cost was more than the hardware cost. Shocking!! :-)

And when you factor in the possible discounts, it's very difficult to get an accurate price unless you're in actual purchase negotiations.

What I have seen is that in general the prices of specialized data appliances run in the $500K to $2M range or possible more.

FWIW, I'm a shareholder in both Oracle and Neteeza in addition to being an Oracle DBA.