Re: AWE implementation on Windows 2000 - Potential solution for intermittent TNS-12560

From: Tony van Lingen <>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 15:57:54 +1000

McAfee is what we use as well - it has interesting features, such as "Unwanted Programs" and block network connections "when a remote computer writes a threat to this system". Network connections are by default unblocked after 10 minutes.

I must admit that I got to install my servers and I chose not to adhere to the standards (which were designed for workstations) and was backed by my manager after the fact... :)

Good luck!