Re: AWE implementation on Windows 2000 - Potential solution for intermittent TNS-12560

From: Guillermo Alan Bort <cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 02:43:15 -0300

Well, it has a mcAfee, I don't really manage the OS or AV. I have requested the engineering team to add exceptions to the AV... they have yet to reply or do anything...

In any case, this server is supposed to adhere to a standard, so disabling services and or AV is not really an option... at least not directly. Approval needs to be given by a dozen people before we can do anything of the sort... but yes, I have made these recommendations already.

Thanks
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional