RE: AWE implementation on Windows 2000 - Potential solution for intermittent TNS-12560

From: Crisler, Jon <>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 12:02:36 -0400

The theory is that shared server connections (MTS) should use less memory. However, I have been burned so many times with bugs and oddities, in everything from Oracle 7.3 to 10g, that I rarely use MTS. Our standard is not to use it, and if we do use MTS we run a stress test that is supposed to reveal any issues (and that test has mixed results).

That said, I love the idea of MTS and if the situation warrants it, you should try it.