Re: Any ORCA Users?

From: Tony van Lingen <tony_vanlingen_at_technologyonecorp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 15:12:39 +1000

We've used it for years at a client site to monitor stand-alone databases. We've integrated it into Nagios so that we can get real-time notification as well as trend analisys through Orca. The Nagios plugin writes the measured data to a percollator file which in turn is input for Orca. the advantage as I see it is that this puts less strain on the database as it only queries the dba views and fixed views involved - it does not actually change the database by storing any data in it.

Database Console provides the same functionality, only with the data stored in the target database. I suppose GC does that for all databases in the grid.

Cheers,
Tony