RMAN Confusion (Duplicate to past point in time)

From: Taylor, Chris David <Chris.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:33:57 -0500

I have a need to create a test db clone from May 1st 2009 at 7:30 AM.

I have the RMAN full backups from April 30th 8:16PM and May 1st 8:30 PM.

I am using an RMAN catalog.

Here's my RMAN script:

run
{

allocate channel d1 type disk;
allocate channel d2 type disk;
allocate channel d3 type disk;
allocate channel d4 type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel a1 type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel a2 type disk;
allocate auxiliary channel a3 type disk; allocate auxiliary channel a4 type disk; set until time="to_date('05/01/2009 07:40:00','MM/DD/YYYY HH24:MI:SS')";

duplicate target database to f9tst
logfile
GROUP 1
(
'G:\oracle\oradata\F9TST\onlinelog\redo01a.log',
'F:\oracle\oradata\F9TST\onlinelog\redo01b.log'
) size 25M,
GROUP 2
(
'G:\oracle\oradata\F9TST\onlinelog\redo02a.log',
'F:\oracle\oradata\F9TST\onlinelog\redo02b.log'
) size 25M;
}

Now RMAN is complaining that it cannot find backups which I believe are more current than the ones I have. (Meaning they were taken from May 2-10th...It seems that RMAN rolls back to previous backups starting with the current one and maybe only tries 3 days worth perhaps?)

I have the controlfile autobackups from 4/30 and 5/1 as well.

I need some suggestions here as I seem to be missing something.

Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.