Re: Regarding RAC vip failover and tnsnames entry

From: Rajeev Prabhakar <rprabha01_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 14:45:44 -0400

Bradd,

I would think, even if server side load balancing is used, second node's vip address
entry in the tnsnames would still be needed. How else would remote listener work
out in case of vip failure ? All listener know of "other" listeners via the tns entry of
the other nodes.

Also, here is what Oracle manual says :

listeners_db.us.acme.com=
(address_list=

   (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=node1-vip)(port=1521))    (address=(protocol=tcp)(host=node2-vip)(port=1521)))

That said, I have myself never tried the vip failure related testing without the 2nd
node entry. If I misunderstood you, please let me know.

-Rajeev