Re: Regarding RAC vip failover and tnsnames entry

From: Syed Jaffar Hussain <sjaffarhussain_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 11 May 2009 10:08:30 -0700

Sanjeev,
When a node fails, the VIP associated with failed node is automatically fail over to one of other nodes exists in the cluster.

The existing connections will typically receive ORA-3113 errors and the new connections using address list will select the next entry in the list.

--
Best Regards,

Syed Jaffar Hussain
Oracle Certified Master (10g)
http://www.oracle.com/technology/ocm/shussain.html
Oracle ACE
http://apex.oracle.com/pls/otn/f?p=19297:4:1579866181463918::NO:4:P4_ID:126
OCP 8i,9i & 10g DBA
RAC Certified Expert
Official Oracle RAC SIG Representative for Saudi Arabian region  (
http://www.oracleracsig.org/)
I blog at
http://jaffardba.blogspot.com/
"Winners don't do different things. They do things differently."