Re: Diagnosing an ORA-01410 error with a 10046 trace

From: Hemant K Chitale <>
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 22:35:42 +0800

Here's a suggestion. Check the OBJECT_ID and DATA_OBJECT_ID of the Indexes on the Table before the query/job starts. Then, check them *after* the query/job.
If one or more Indexes (in DWH, I would guess that all the Indexes on the table are being rebuilt), the DATA_OBJECT_ID would have changed.

At 02:43 AM Saturday, you wrote:
>As some of you will remember I have been chasing an intermitent
>ORA-01410 error which shows up in our data warehouse reports. Oracle
>tech support suggested that a 10046 trace would show me which table or
>index was causing the problem. I was hoping that I could take this
>information and correlate it with the log files for the ETLs which run
>at the same time as the reports. This would, I had hoped, allow me to
>prove to my management that the errors were caused by running reports
>while the ETL was truncating tables and dropping and recreating indexes.

Hemant K Chitale