RE: Large SGA in Solaris

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_poderc.com>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 15:44:00 +0300

That's what I said in my post too ;-)

When you use DISM it means you are using pageable memory for SGA. Non-dynamic ISM will use non-pageable memory pages, which are locked into physical RAM. When a page is not pageable, it can't be paged out, thus it doesn't need swap space to back that allocation.

And yes, I do have a blog entry describing this ;-)

http://blog.tanelpoder.com/2007/08/28/operating-systems-are-lazy-allocating- memory/
--

Regards,
Tanel Poder