Re: Jboss/Oracle/select 1 form dual

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 14:10:25 -0700

On Thu, May 7, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Pradeep Chetal < Pradeep.Chetal_at_mformation.com> wrote:

> Actually I am using dynatrace profiler and it tells me that out of 4000
> calls to Oracle, min time is 4 ms, avg time is 10 msec, and max time is 3780
> msec
>
> Since avg is so close to min, I am assuming there are very few outliers but
> want to understand why.

Are there persistent connections to the database?

If so, you could turn on 10046 trace at level 8 on one of the sessions see if you can catch the wait.

If not persistent connections, there are other ways to catch it.

  • logon trigger to turn on 10046
  • set SQL_TRACE=true on the system

Neither of those are really good choices if it is a production system.

There's undoubtedly someone on this list with a better idea

Jared