Re: RAC on AIX pre requisites

From: Jeremy Schneider <>
Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 14:43:34 -0400

Not sure if it's an exact match, but I wrote a RAC/AIX guide available over here:

I'd also check the RAC SIG website, there are a lot of cookbooks there. Just sign up for the free account and you can view the library. I'm pretty sure there's at least one other cookbook-style guide.

These style of guides rarely match your environment exactly but can often be pretty useful.

Ram Raman wrote:
> Hi all,
> Does anyone have a document for the systems administrators, network
> guys to prepare the environment for RAC install? This is before
> turning it over to the DBAs. I have put together information from
> the install manual, but they seem to want something different. Oracle
> 10.2 with aix 5.3 on DMX4.
> Thanks.

Jeremy Schneider
Chicago, IL