Jboss/Oracle/select 1 form dual

From: Pradeep Chetal <Pradeep.Chetal_at_mformation.com>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 13:52:18 -0400

Folks,

We have a Jboss-4.0.2 based application and it is set to do 'select 1 from dual' for connection validation purposes.

Most of the time the query returns in less than 10 msec but we have seen few cases where it shows that it took almost 3500 msec.

How can I find out - why it takes more than 3 seconds for these few cases? What is going on in the DB that it takes that long? What will enable me to find that?

We are heavy users of AQ.

This system is running on Solaris X86.

Thanks,

  • Pradeep

Pradeep Chetal
Sr. Director - Infrastructure Architecture

Mformation Technologies Inc.
Switchboard: +1 732 692 6200

Visit WWW.MFORMATION.COM and see how the MFORMATION SERVICE MANAGER can help you to transform your business

http://www.freelists.org/webpage/oracle-l Received on Thu May 07 2009 - 12:52:18 CDT

Original text of this message