Re: Authentication with ActiveDirectory and SSO

From: <Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt>
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 16:28:49 +0300

>Oracle Advanced Security is not necessary to do single sign on via AD/OID

"via AD/OID" is probably the keyword here.

What we did was OID'less OS Authentication using Oracle Kerberos sqlnet.authentication_method which is part of Advanced security I believe (?)

             Jared Still
             <jkstill_at_gmail.co
                                       Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt
             2009.05.06 20:52                                           cc
                                       r.tieland_at_rocmn.nl,
                                       oracle-l_at_freelists.org,
                                       oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Authentication with
                                       ActiveDirectory and SSO

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 3:16 AM, Laimutis Nedzinskas < Laimutis.Nedzinskas_at_seb.lt> wrote:

      The you need to buy Oracle Advanced Security option (part of sqlnet)

      Next thing to do is to configure Oracle+Kerberos+AD. Oracle has some
      metalink notes and white papers how to achieve this. Try those:

Oracle Advanced Security is not necessary to do single sign on via AD/OID

We are doing this with Oracle Applications via AD and OID synchronization, and Advanced Security is not required.

That said, I'm not sure how to set it up for signon under forms, but I suspect
it wouldn't be too difficult.

Contrast that to setting up SSO in Oracle Apps, which is ridiculously complex.

Jared Still