Setting multiple events on a process

From: Schauss, R. Peter (IT Solutions) <"Schauss,>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 14:29:54 -0500

I am still trying to prove to my management that the ORA-01410 errors that our data warehouse reports are intermitently returning are caused by running ETLs at the same time as they run the reports. Oracle tech support told me that running a 10046 trace on the offending process would show me which table or index was causing the problem. Since I do not have access to make changes to the process which generates the reports, I have an after logon trigger on the user which, after doing some sanity tests on the calling process does:

                  execute immediate 'alter session set timed_statistics=true';

                execute immediate 'alter session set
max_dump_file_size=unlimited';

                execute immediate 'alter session set events ''10046 trace name context forever, level 12''';

The problem is that I have to rely on the end users to tell me which reports have returns the 1410 error and then I have to try to match the error event to the trace file. I know that if I do

        alter session set events ''1410 trace name errorstack level 3'';

I can get an error stack trace for the offending process. If I simply insert another execute immediate alter session ... statement, the second one overrides the first. Is there a way to make both events active?

Thanks,
Peter Schauss