RE: [sun] oracle's strategy
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 12:34:36 -0400
- Mark D Powell -- Phone (313) 592-5148
[mailto:oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Amar Kumar Padhi Sent: Wednesday, May 06, 2009 2:10 AM
Subject: [sun] oracle's strategy
Oracle has published an faq doc on their site for clarifying sun acquisition. Just fyi http://www.oracle.com/sun/index.html
From what I could get -
- oracle plans to grow the sun hardware business
- oracle will remain committed to Linux as ever. I could not get much on solaris support, except that oracle will further optimize the database on this platform.
- MySQL will be an addition to the existing suite of databases. It will continue to function independently.
- innovation and investment in java will continue. Java remains important for oracle's existing products also.
- nothing on OpenOffice.org