Re: heavyweight OS monitoring as standard

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 09:05:20 -0700

Hi Jeremy,

I have had an instance of OSW going haywire under heavy load so Oracle Support asked us to disable it (Go figure!), since it contributed to the issue by spawning many processes at a time when there were other load issues. I would recommend using it with caution in specific cases, where required.

Have fun at COLLAB!

> and asked how many people ran OSW as a standard practice on their
> clusters. (Metalink note 301137.1) I think about half the room raised

John Kanagaraj <><
http://www.linkedin.com/in/johnkanagaraj http://jkanagaraj.wordpress.com (Sorry - not an Oracle blog!) ** The opinions and facts contained in this message are entirely mine and do not reflect those of my employer or customers **