Re: Authentication with ActiveDirectory and SSO

From: Laimutis Nedzinskas <>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 13:16:12 +0300

First of all I believe that you can login into forms using /_at_tnsname syntax.

The you need to buy Oracle Advanced Security option (part of sqlnet)

Next thing to do is to configure Oracle+Kerberos+AD. Oracle has some metalink notes and white papers how to achieve this. Try those: Note:331252.1 Configuring Oracle Advanced Security Option (ASO) with Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Active Directory Kerberos KDC Doc ID: Note:331252.1

             "Tieland, RC
             <r.tieland_at_rocmn.                                          To
             nl>                       <>
                                       Authentication with ActiveDirectory
                                       and SSO
             2009.05.06 12:32
             Please respond to

Hi Listers,

I want to authenticate my database user with their Active Directory account and then make use of single-sign-on for a oracle forms application.
My question to you guy's is how can I accomplish this (if possible)? , do I need to buy something from oracle or just configure it. What is the recommended way?

My configuration consist of:
- Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release - 64bit
running on SUSE Linux Enterprise 10
- Active Directory of Windows 2003 Enterprise server

  • Oracle forms 6 running on Windows 2003 Terminal server or Windows XP Professional