RE: ram used

From: Eugene Pipko <eugene.pipko_at_unionbay.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 10:15:08 -0700

Thanks all for replies,
I discovered that the server is running AMD, not Intel. Does it has anything to do with not be able to allocate more. I check and we have /3GB /PAE set in boot.ini, but it obviously doesn't work. I tried looking for any info on Metalink, but can't seem to find anything referencing AMD chipset. Some notes referring to IMAGECFG.EXE to modify executables, so Windows take 1Gb for itself and the rest goes to outside apps, like oracle. Have you had any chance using it?

Eugene Pipko
Seattle Pacific Industries
tel: 253.872.5243

From: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org [oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org] On Behalf Of Guillermo Alan Bort [cicciuxdba_at_gmail.com] Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2009 5:15 AM
To: rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com
Cc: oracle-l-freelists
Subject: Re: ram used

116076.1: Migrating from 8i to 10g (Just kidding)

Well, you can try and use the /3G switch to have 3G for Oracle... therefore having more memory available for processess. Now, seriously, I'd suggest migrating to 9i and take advantage of dynamic pga sizing.

Kind regards.
Alan Bort
Oracle Certified Professional

On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Rich Jesse <rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com<mailto:rjoralist_at_society.servebeer.com>> wrote: Eww. Sorry to hear that. Fortunately, Metalink seems to have the exact advice you need in article 116076.1

HTH! GL! Rich

> I inherited 8.1.7.4 (was upgraded from 8.1.6.3) on Win2000 Adv. Server(was
> upgraded from NT).

[snip]