Re: ClearCase initial load from an Oracle database?

From: Nigel Thomas <>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 22:19:26 +0100

Only lightly off your topic, it's worth looking at related Oracle-L threads on the subject, eg: covers off several related issues.

If you have used VSS saving flat file representations of database objects (eg the DDL for creating a table) in the past, anything you can do with VSS you can do with Clearcase (probably more - Clearcase may be expensive but it has a really good command line interface and a pretty clean logical model). You can use files generated by TOAD, SQL*Developer, Oracle Designer, DBMS_METADATA or whatever. Just get your processes organised so everyone knows how to do it, and to make it as easy as possible to do the right thing.

I don't know if there is a Clearcase forum anywhere (I didn't find one when I needed it a few years ago) - but if not, contact me off-list if you need help with that side of things.

Cheers Nigel