Re: Semi-OT: IOUG Collaborate Tips? Suggestions?

From: <Patty.Charlebois_at_greenshield.ca>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2009 08:43:33 -0400

Chris,

As a Room Monitor I know that the number of attendees for a session is limited by the room size. They typically do not allow people to stand for fire hazard reasons.

If the session is being given by a popluar speaker (eg. Tom Kyte) you should get there early to get a seat, otherwise you may be disappointed when you are turned away!

I agree with everyone's suggestions to network, meet as many people as you can. I have made many good friends over the years at Collaborate and IOUG as well.

Patty Charlebois
Supervisor - Database Administration
Green Shield Canada

"Taylor, Chris David" <Chris.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com> Sent by: oracle-l-bounce_at_freelists.org 2009/04/28 03:42 PM
Please respond to
Chris.Taylor_at_ingrambarge.com

<oracle-l_at_freelists.org>
cc

Subject
Semi-OT: IOUG Collaborate Tips? Suggestions?

Ok, so this is my first time attending the Collaborate, and I'm curious what things I can do to make the most out of it?  I've signed up for the education sessions (of course), and I saw the newsletter that IOUG sent out about the events. (Open Mic etc...)  I'm just curious if anyone has any suggestions, or activities they would suggest?  Thanks
 Chris Taylor
Sr. Oracle DBA
Ingram Barge Company
Nashville, TN 37205
Office: 615-517-3355
Cell: 615-354-4799
Email: chris.taylor_at_ingrambarge.com
 CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the named recipient, please notify the sender immediately and delete the contents of this message without disclosing the contents to anyone, using them for any purpose, or storing or copying the information on any medium.

This e-mail is confidential, intended solely for the use of the recipient(s) to whom it was addressed. If you have received it in error, please do not copy or distribute this e-mail. We ask that you notify us immediately by replying to the sender and then delete this e-mail. E-mail sent or received over the internet may not be secure. You should use caution when sending e-mail messages containing private and confidential information or consider other secure means to send the information. If you have any questions regarding the authenticity or security of the e-mail you have received please do not hesitate to contact us at 1-800-265-5615.

Ce message de courriel est confidentiel et s’adresse uniquement à la personne indiquée. Si vous l’avez reçu par erreur, veuillez ne pas copier ni distribuer ce message de courriel. Nous vous demandons de nous aviser immédiatement en répondant à l’expéditeur, puis en supprimant ce message. Les messages envoyés ou reçus par courriel pourraient ne pas être sécurisés. Vous devriez être prudent lorsque vous envoyez des messages de courriel contenant des renseignements confidentiels et privés ou songer à prendre d’autres moyens sécurisés pour envoyer les renseignements. Si vous avez des questions concernant l’authenticité ou la sécurité d’un courriel que vous avez reçu, n’hésitez pas à communiquer avec nous au 1 800 265-5615.