rman backup is failing after a restore - entire script

From: Jeffrey Beckstrom <JBECKSTROM_at_gcrta.org>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2009 14:27:55 -0400

Last week I was testing my first rman backup.

I did a restore and it worked fine.

Today I try to backup the restored database and get the following error: Here is my entire script. Do I have to drop and re-add the database to the catalog?

RMAN> delete noprompt expired backup;

2> delete obsolete;
3> backup as compressed backupset database plus archivelog delete input;
4> exit;

allocated channel: ORA_DISK_1
channel ORA_DISK_1: sid=68 devtype=DISK

RMAN retention policy will be applied to the command RMAN retention policy is set to recovery window of 21 days using channel ORA_DISK_1

RMAN-03002: failure of delete command at 04/27/2009 14:23:41 RMAN-06004: ORACLE error from recovery catalog database: RMAN-20207: UNTIL TIME or RECOVERY WINDOW is before RESETLOGS time

Recovery Manager complete.

Jeffrey Beckstrom
Database Administrator
Greater Cleveland Regional Transit Authority 1240 W. 6th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44113