Fwd: Dataguard setup at DR site

From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2009 13:36:58 -0700

  • Forwarded message ---------- From: Kumar Madduri <ksmadduri_at_gmail.com> Date: Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 1:13 PM Subject: Re: Dataguard setup at DR site To: asif_oracle_at_yahoo.com Cc: Oracle-L_at_freelists.org

Thank you Asif.
I read about cascading databases. But my question was, does it really matter how the original standby is constructed (in my case I am not using DG to build the standby). Even in this case can I cascade from my standby to my DR standby (which I am planning to set it up using DG). Theoritically it should be fine.
In that case, can I disable force loggin on production and enable force logging on standby only. That way I would minimize any performance impact.
So primary no force logging > standby (using old method of applying redo) has force logging . THis is used as source for standby on DR site (which will use DR).

Thank you
- Kumar