Re: 11g Patchset 1 Changes

From: fairlie rego <fairlie_r_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 2009 21:34:44 -0700 (PDT)

It is my understanding that password protected roles are no longer enabled even if they are default roles.

I am hoping this will be documented in 11.2 but bug 7581798 ROLES WITH PASSWORD DON'T WORK WHEN LOGON

was closed due to the above

Thanks

Fairlie Rego
Senior Oracle Consultant
http://el-caro.blogspot.com/
M: +61 402 792 405

From: Stuart Blackburn <sblackbu_at_cbnco.com> Subject: 11g Patchset 1 Changes
To: oracle-l_at_freelists.org

Just wondering if anyone knows if they've changed the way roles work in patch set 1 or this behavior is unexpected.  I can't seem to find any relevant documentation on it online to see if this is expected.

11.1.0.6:
SQL> create role testrole identified by testrole; Role created.
SQL> create user testuser identified by testuser; User created.
SQL> grant create session to testrole;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> grant testrole to testuser;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> connect testuser/testuser;
Connected.
SQL> 11.1.0.7:
SQL> create role testrole identified by testrole; Role created.
SQL> create user testuser identified by testuser; User created.
SQL> grant create session to testrole;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> grant testrole to testuser;
Grant succeeded.
SQL> connect testuser/testuser;
ERROR:
ORA-01045: user TESTUSER lacks CREATE SESSION privilege; logon denied

If I create the role without a password it works though.

Thanks
Stuart

      The new Internet Explorer 8 optimised for Yahoo!7: Faster, Safer, Easier.